Holiday Cover - yay!

So only a few months into Food Styling with LCBO's Food & Drink magazine, and I've landed my first cover!!  and for the Holiday edition no less 😊.  

Needless to say, it's been a nice moment for me.  After working as a Food Photographer for years (and years) and then taking the plunge and becoming a Food Stylist, I wasn't sure how people, the industry or even I would take me. I felt like I had a lot to prove (mostly to myself).  Sure, being a photographer for years had helped me tremendously, I knew the in's and out's of a photo shoot and how it worked, but food styling was a whole different level of learning and doing. I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn, but having my food (and drink) styling on this cover will always be a reminder for me on those bad days, on those days where I think "I can't do this" or "there are so many better food stylist out there". 

I CAN do this!  And this was my 'pat on the back' moment which proved it to myself.  💪

Cover Photography by James Tse

No comments:

Post a Comment