Plant Lady in the making

You don't realize how much life an animal brings to your home until they're gone.  When you come home from a long day of work, or even running to the grocery store for 30 minutes, your pet is always there waiting for you. For 16 years, I had this sweet girl greet me when I came through the door, and when she wasn't there any longer, there was a huge void in my house, and of course, in my heart. There would definitely be other animals in my future but for now, I needed to heal.




Even thought cats are super low maintenance creatures, they still need to be cared for and loved.   Now that she was gone, I needed to nurture something, so I bought a plant.  And another, and a few more...



It's great to watch them grow and flourish! Sure, I've managed to kill some (by complete accident of course, I'm not a savage!) but some just love it here! Every year I'm learning more and more about my outdoor garden, and now I'm also learning about the indoor plants like, they have growth cycles, different watering, fertilizer and lighting needs. 


(Imagine reading the rest of this at 1.5x speed, that's how fast I'm talking/typing right now I'm so excited!)

I have a  purple Oxalis that my kitty used to love to nibble on, so I found a place that she could not possible reach, on top of my staircase Newel Post!  Which happens to be right under my giant skylight 😎, needless to say, this plant gets all the sun it could ever want and it shows!  It's still there and flowers as often as it can, even over the winter.  My husband made a comment one night (after a few glasses of wine) about the plant, that it would be great to hang it on our front porch in the summer time💥 🙌  !I love it!  I usually hang 2 pots out front, usually 2 Fuschia's, and they love it there, until autumn comes and they start to die😩  Anyway, I know the Oxalis will thrive outside in the summer and they clearly love it inside during the colder months so I figure I have a couple of months to split my existing plant and groom 2 separate plants to become our new outdoor beauties!  I'll take some snaps along the way and show them off when they're in their full summertime glory hanging outside with all the birdies and sunshine they can handle.  

Can you tell I'm a little excited about my plants? 

I also love my ZZ plant (Zamioculcas) which is SO low maintenance and the leaves are always glossy and perky.  I think I'll trim some leaves and propagate that one soon along with my Snake Plant/ Mother in Law's tongue (or real name Sansevieria) so they can make babies and spread them all over the house! 

But my latest obsession.....a sweet delicate little thing called a Pilea (Peperomioides) or Chinese Money Plant.  I'm not sure what makes me love this plant so much, and hope I can keep it alive.  People say its really easy to take care of and also super easy to propagate, so fingers crossed!  

Here it is! 


I have since adopted a dog, she definitely fills the house with joy and does not eat any of my plants (bonus!)  I'm hoping to adopt a couple of cats, and maybe another dog 😂, geesh I'm going to need a bigger home, and a bigger yard for all my animals and my gardens!  I know it won't happen any time soon, but maybe just one cat? Until then, Spring is coming and I can't wait to get outside to the bigger garden and nurture it all summer long 🌞

My doggy 



No comments:

Post a Comment